11.29.2008

Thanksgiving Bloopers...

You always need to blog the good AND the bad...so, here it is: our thanksgiving turkey!

After brining for 24 hours, and seasoning to perfection...our little tennis outing made it impossible to stick tinfoil over the skin in time to keep it from browning...or BLACKENING. Luckily the inside was delicious and moist! The rolls were a problem however. I think it was faulty yeast...because they did not rise at all, overnight or after rolled out!


At least it all tasted good!


It was so fun to have my family in town for the holiday!!!

The pies turned out great! They are my favorite part of the meal!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jules said...

It looks so delicious, burned or not! I love your pies! They look so amazing! Mmm Mmm Mmm!

Elizabeth Checchio said...

Oooh, I don't think the turkey looks bad at all! I love a tiny bit of char on my food. And those pies!!! Seriously, they are beautiful.

Emily said...

I'm glad that you posted your bloopers, it is a good reminder that we are all human. It still looks delicious, and your pies are beautiful!